MedRec Hospital and Research Centre Pvt. Ltd. and its affiliates' (hereafter referred to as 'MedRec Hospital'). MedRec Hospital is the best multispeciality hospital in Jehanabad, Bihar that provides a wide range of healthcare services to their patients. By law, MedRec hospital is required to maintain the privacy of its patients.
MedRec Hospital has also taken due care to ensure that your right to privacy is protected and all necessary steps are taken to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access by third-party individuals or organizations. In short, our trust in your privateness forms a basic principle value for us.
Any information you provide us with, as a patient/customer will be treated as confidential. We respect your privacy and we take care to safeguard the information you share with us for your benefit.
In order to provide you with our services, it is possible that your personal information may need to be shared with a third party. This happens only if the law requires disclosure. This policy is applicable to all the information that is collected and displayed on this website.
We only share personal information that is necessary for providing you with our services or fulfilling your requests such as:
- Providing you with the requested service(s) and/or products;
- Processing your payments;
- Responding to your queries;
- Sending administrative letters, policy updates, and other notifications;
- Providing you with information about our programs or services.
It is possible that in the future, we will expand the purposes for which we process personal data. If this happens, we will share it in advance in this policy.
- This policy will show you what kind of data we process;
- This policy will help you to make informed decisions about your use of our services;
- If you do not agree with the terms mentioned in this policy, it is recommended that you do not use this service.
- Data: We gather various types of data about you which may include your name, age, sex, nationality, religion, ethnicity, employment status. This data will be only needed when there is a legal or ethical requirement for it such as to perform duties under law or if you consent to provide such data.
- Processed information: We may process information about your use of our website, volunteers, and other interactions with us. This information will be used for statistical purposes and might include IP addresses, browser types, and other technical information as well as the contents you view, but it won't encompass personal data that is not volunteered by you.
- We are allowed to process personal data only if it is relevant for our reasons of use or if you consent to provide such data. We do not sell, share, rent, or disclose your personal information to third parties unless the law states us otherwise.
- You may contact us at any time via phone or email should you have concerns about the processing of your personal data or should you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of our site, or your dealings with us in general.
- We ask for your permission to process your personal data. If you permit us to do so, you might be able to use the services on our site better and faster. You are welcome to opt-out of our services at any time.
- We respect the privacy and confidentiality of all confidential patient information we receive and handle such data in accordance with our strict internal Security and Privacy policies. We do not share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable health care information with anyone outside of MedRec without your permission unless compelled by law or if you consent to such sharing.
- If you provide patient information to us before we begin work - e.g., if you contact us to help with a hospital billing question and then ask that we review your records (i) to answer your questions and (ii) over time, as needed, in connection with payment disputes or appeals, we will not share the records with anyone without your permission.
Usage of Your Information
The data that we collect, as mentioned above, is used for billing and auditing purposes. We additionally use it to communicate our new features or services to you.
We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
MedRec Hospital staff also use patient identification numbers to monitor the use of the information such as surgical procedures performed by physicians at MedRec Hospital, the number of admissions to MedRec Hospital, and so on.
If we do share your personal information with a non-affiliated company, they will be required to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use it only for the purpose previously agreed upon.
If we believe that release is required by law, subpoena, or court order, we may disclose your personal information after providing notice to you in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also use aggregated anonymous data about our users for various purposes, including analysis, research, and marketing.
We may disclose aggregated anonymous data to our partners or other third parties so long as the information is not linked to your identity.
You may refuse to provide personal information if you choose; however, doing so will prevent you from using certain services and features offered on the website.
Links & Disclosure of Personal Health Information
MedRec Hospital may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
MedRec Hospital may disclose your personal health information for the following reasons:
- As required by law or pursuant to legal process served on MedRec Hospital.
- In response to a request from a public body conducting an investigation.
- In connection with a possible violation of law, including investigations into possible violations.
- We believe in good faith that the information is necessary to promote public health and safety, prevent fraud/abuse of MedRec Hospital's medical plan or activities relating to MedRec Hospitals Medical Plan benefit programs, assist in disaster relief efforts, aid in the investigation of crimes against or involving MedRec Hospital or its affiliates or routine requests for information from a public body.
- The information requested is reasonably related to MedRec Hospital's functions and/or activities, including contracting; administration of benefit programs; medical review; litigation support; a collection of fees or premiums; credentialing, licensing or certification (including investigations); fraud prevention activities; licensure or disciplinary actions, proceedings or inquiries by governmental agencies or other entities; and routine requests for information from a public body.
The following outlines our policy regarding receiving and processing requests:
- When you make a privacy-related request to us, we will acknowledge your request within 48 hours and our designated Privacy Officer will contact you within 14 days of the date your inquiry was sent.
- If we require additional time for research and/or you have not responded to our correspondence after an initial follow-up letter, we may take up to 45 days to respond to your request.
- We will work with you or a consultant of your choice if you desire assistance in understanding our policies and practices. For us to assist you, please make sure that the consultant is cleared to access MedRec records.
- If we deny you access to information or refuse any other requests made in our letter, we will give you a written explanation.
- We are committed to providing you with assistance in understanding our Privacy Practices. If any questions have not been addressed here or in the attachments, please feel free to contact us.
MedRec hospital may reach out to you through various communication platforms such as WhatsApp, SMS, Facebook, e-mails, and so on to provide updates about our policies and practices. Anytime we communicate with you, we intend to be transparent in how we manage your health information.
Uses and Disclosures of Your PHI
In certain circumstances, MedRec hospital will share your protected health information (PHI) with people outside of our organization, such as:
- Your personal representative or guardian.
- Business associates that we have contracted with to help us provide you with the best possible service. These include people who process claims, analyze data, organize benefits information and assist with billing questions.
We are required by law to disclose your PHI when certain laws require it or when we need to protect the safety of you or others.
For example, we may disclose your PHI to organizations that help us with:
- Public health activity;
- Law enforcement;
- Judicial and administrative proceedings.
We may also use or disclose your PHI for specialized government functions such as military, national security, and intelligence activities.
We may also contact you to update you about your medical history, appointment, doctor's requests or prescriptions, and other updates about MedRec hospital. In such a case, we will only contact you if you have given us your prior permission to do so.
You can revoke your permission at any time giving written or verbal notice of the revocation to the MedRec hospital. Once you revoke your permission, we will stop sharing your PHI with outside companies and organizations for marketing purposes.
We will not share any more information unless it is required by law enforcement. Please note that if you revoke your permission, we will not be able to provide some of the services for which we require marketing approval from our customers.
In some cases, MedRec medical departments may share your PHI with outside companies and organizations without your written or verbal permission. These include:
- Business associates working on our behalf—such as companies that manage the billing, analyze data or provide legal services.
- Organizations researching with MedRec records which are authorized by law. Patients who want to be notified of these developments will be given the opportunity to opt-out of any future sharing.
- Companies that help us determine whether someone is eligible for insurance.
- Companies that help us decide what kind of care to provide patients.
- Businesses supplying us with patient information, such as drug or laboratory companies. This information helps us provide the most effective treatments and services available. We may also share the PHI with businesses outside MedRec if it is necessary to limit the patient's financial responsibility.
- Companies that use PHI for treatment, payment, or our operations.
- Organizations that need PHI for legal reasons, such as government agencies and courts; law enforcement; health oversight; workers' compensation; state insurance commissions; professional licensing boards; coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors; and more.
- All consultation fees for our services through the online interfaces of MedRec hospital will have to be paid as per the terms of the service that you use. We also accept offline payment collection for some of these services such as in-person visits, in-person buying from our pharmacy, visiting the hospital for diagnosis or treatment, and so on. Please contact MedRec hospital regarding this, during your next in-person visit.
- In the course of time, MedRec Hospital may introduce other services in the system and the charges of our new services will be communicated to you through various communication mediums.
- We reserve the right to revise the fee for consultation and other services at any given time, at the sole discretion of MedRec hospital. This can be done with or without prior notice to the patient/customer. The charge applicable at any given time will be the charge displayed at the time of using the service.
- Payments made for any remote monitoring plans will not be refunded should you decide to discontinue.
We require 24-hour notice to cancel any appointment. If you do not provide us with at least 24 hours' notice, we will charge a cancellation fee.
Each time you use our services or products, we collect fees and payment information that allows us to conduct business transactions and run our hospital smoothly.
Appointments that are confirmed with successful payments can only be canceled or rescheduled by the Doctor under an emergency circumstance that the doctor might have to attend to and hence their inability to conduct the session.
However, such a scenario will be communicated to the coordinators of the hospital. Thereby, the hospital will contact the patient regarding rescheduling or canceling the appointment. If agreeable, it will be processed within 5 business days.
However, we may share personal information when necessary to provide you with our services and products in an efficient manner, to meet legal requirements, or fulfill governmental requests.
We will first ask you for your consent to share information with a third party that is not a healthcare provider or affiliate of our hospital to improve customer service or product usage.
Refunds will be processed under the following conditions:
Your refund will be processed within 4-5 business days of your request if the following conditions are met:
- You have not taken any medical treatment or tests at our hospital.
- Your account does not show an outstanding balance.
- You have not previously received a refund under this policy (i.e., you are eligible to seek additional refunds).
You are eligible to seek refunds under the following conditions:
- You have not received the product(s) or service(s) purchased through our hospital.
- You contact us with your refund request before any medical treatment has been taken at our hospital.
- Your account does not show an outstanding balance.
- The time elapsed since purchase exceeds 30 days.
You are eligible to seek additional refunds based on the criteria stated in this policy:
If you are eligible for a refund, we will credit your account. If you paid by credit card, we will first attempt to process your refund to that same credit card. If you paid by check or money order, we will mail you a check.
We reserve the right to not issue a refund if the payment cannot be charged to your credit card account, was made outside of our hospital, or any other case for which we deem issuing a full refund is not reasonable.
A refund request must include:
- The name under which you purchased the service(s) or product(s).
- The date you purchased the service(s) or product(s).
- A reason for your refund request.
- Your billing code (e.g., 90210).
Law and Jurisdiction
Consent To This Policy
For India Data Protection Act related questions or feedback:
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice, MedRec global privacy standards, or its information handling practices, you can reach MedRec at email@example.com