Online Doctor Consultation For Common Winter Illness
Winter brings Christmas with it. What it also brings is common winter illnesses and diseases.
It becomes especially important to take care of your health in winter and stay away from common winter illnesses because of the cold weather.
The following are common winter illnesses that need to be taken care of, especially during the winter period.
1) Common Cold And Flu
Common cold and flu are two common infectious diseases that are transmitted through respiratory droplets. These infections become especially more severe when you have weak immunity or when your body is already fighting some other infection.
Symptoms of common cold and flu include headache, body ache, sore throat, running nose, and fever. These infections can be treated with rest, plenty of fluids, and over-the-counter medications. However, if the symptoms persist for more than five days or worsen, it is best to consult a doctor.
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchi in the lungs. This condition is usually caused by infections due by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms of this infection include cough with phlegm, fever, chills, headache, body ache, and shortness of breath.
If you have these symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Bronchitis can be treated with antibiotics, antiviral medications, or antifungal medications, depending on the cause of the infection.
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that most often occurs after a cold or the flu. This condition is usually caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms of this condition include cough with phlegm, high fever, chills, headache, body ache, shortness of breath at rest, and fast breathing upon exertion.
If you have these symptoms it is best to consult a doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment. Pneumonia can be treated with antibiotics, antiviral medications, or antifungal medications, depending on the cause of the infection.
4) Sinus Infection
A sinus infection, or sinusitis, is an infection of the sinuses. This condition is most often caused by a virus, but can also be caused by bacteria or fungi. Symptoms of a sinus infection include headache, fever, nasal congestion, sore throat, and cough.
If you have these symptoms it is best to consult a doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment. Sinus infections can be treated with antibiotics, antiviral medications, or antifungal medications, depending on the cause of the infection.
5) Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
A urinary tract infection, or UTI, is an infection of the urinary tract. We are more prone to UTIs during winters because the cold weather can lead to a decrease in overall body warmth and an increase in moisture, which are both ideal conditions for bacteria, fungi, or viruses to thrive. Symptoms of a UTI include pain or burning when urinating, frequency of urination, an urgency to urinate, and cloudy or foul-smelling urine.
If you have these symptoms it is best to consult a doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment. UTIs can be treated with antibiotics, antiviral medications, or antifungal medications, depending on the cause of the infection.
Related Article - How To Stay Healthy in Winter? Self-Care Tips
How Does An Online Consultation For Common Winter Illness Help You?
Online consultation refers to connecting with your doctor from the safe space of your home. You can take advantage of this service to treat your common winter illness.
Moreover, MedRec Hospital understands that you will have difficulty stepping out of the house when you are sick. Hence, we have online consultations available 24/7 all at your fingertips.
Online doctor consultation for the common cold is the best way to get immediate treatment from a qualified physician without having to leave home. This type of consultation allows you to have a conversation with a board-certified specialist from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Of course, you can always talk with your primary care physician about any symptoms that concern you.
However, if the problem is a persistent cough, fever, congestion, or a nagging common cold setting in during these cold winter months, then you don't have time to wait for an appointment.
An online consultation from a board-certified specialist may be the best way to get relief from your uncomfortable symptoms.
What Are The Benefits Of An Online Consultation For Common Winter Illness?
There are several benefits of online consultation for common winter illnesses. These include:
- Convenience: You can access your doctor or specialist from anywhere with an internet connection. However early in the morning, late at night, or during the middle of the day that works best for you is when your appointment occurs. There are no waiting room lines or traffic jams to worry about either. You can schedule appointments all at your convenience.
- Privacy: You can discuss sensitive information without fear of judgment or embarrassment.
- Cost-effective: There is often no additional cost to use an online consultation service. You don't have to pay for gas or parking to get to the hospital or doctor's office, so you save money on food and entertainment while you're sick.
- Time-saving: You don’t have to take time off work or travel to see a doctor. If your doctor is an online doctor, all you need is a laptop or tablet and a few minutes of your day.
- A quick diagnosis: Your doctor can make a diagnosis right from their desk without scheduling more tests for this common cold.
- A better understanding of your condition: The disease may seem confusing and complicated, but a good online consultation will provide better clarity on what's going on with your body. Online consultation is quick and more personal than your local walk-in clinic.
How Does An Online Consultation Work?
Online medical consultation is much like regular consultation with a doctor and involves:
- Answering questions about your condition and/or current medications.
- Providing a complete medical history.
- Uploading relevant medical records, if available.
After you have completed the consultation form, a specialist will review your information and may contact you for further information.
If you are diagnosed with a condition, the specialist will provide you with treatment options and advice.
Is An Online Consultation Right For Me?
Online consultation is a good choice for anyone unable to see a doctor or specialist in person.
- You have a condition that requires follow-up with your doctor but you do not have the means to travel.
- You would like a second opinion regarding a diagnosis.
- Your schedule does not permit face-to-face meetings with a doctor.
- You are a health professional who would like a second opinion.
How Do I Get Started With An Online Consultation?
To get started, you will need to create an account with an online consultation service. Once you have registered, you will be able to select a doctor or specialist from a list of qualified professionals. After you have made your selection, you will be able to communicate with your doctor by phone call, chat, or video.
Recent Posts :
- Common Health Problems Due To Air Pollution | Detailed Overview
- COVID-19 Variant: Omicron Symptoms, Precautions, & Treatment
- What Is Depression? Causes, Symptoms, Precaution & Treatment